quarta-feira, 24 de maio de 2017

Jacob - Phoebe Cary

       





Jacob - Phoebe Cary

He dwelt among “apartments let,”
      About five stories high;
A man I thought that none would get,
      And very few would try.

A boulder, by a larger stone
      Half hidden in the mud,
Fair as a man when only one
      Is in the neighborhood.

He lived unknown, and few could tell
      When Jacob was not free;
But he has got a wife,—and O!
      The difference to me!





Life's Harmonies Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Marvelous Munchausen William Rose Benét
My dove, my beautiful one James Joyce
Nobility Alice Cary
Opportunity Edward Rowland Sill
Others May Praise What They Like Walt Whitman
Remember Christina Rossetti
The Rolling English Road G. K. Chesterton
Song Aphra Behn
Song of Myself - Section 11 Walt Whitman






Grand Is the Seen - Walt Whitman

GRAND is the seen, the light, to me—grand are the sky and stars,
Grand is the earth, and grand are lasting time and space,
And grand their laws, so multiform, puzzling, evolutionary;
But grander far the unseen soul of me, comprehending, endowing all those,
Lighting the light, the sky and stars, delving the earth, sailing the sea,        5
(What were all those, indeed, without thee, unseen soul? of what amount without thee?)
More evolutionary, vast, puzzling, O my soul!
More multiform far—more lasting thou than they.







The Great Lover Rupert Brooke








From dewy dreams, my soul, arise - James Joyce

FROM dewy dreams, my soul, arise,
From love's deep slumber and from death,
For lo! the trees are full of sighs
Whose leaves the morn admonisheth.

Eastward the gradual dawn prevails
Where softly-burning fires appear,
Making to tremble all those veils
Of grey and golden gossamer.

While sweetly, gently, secretly,
The flowery bells of morn are stirred
And the wise choirs of faery
Begin (innumerous!) to be heard.













Drinking Alone by Moonlight - Bai Li 李白

 I

A cup of wine, under the flowering trees;
I drink alone, for no friend is near.
Raising my cup I beckon the bright moon,
For he, with my shadow, will make three men.
The moon, alas, is no drinker of wine;
Listless, my shadow creeps about at my side.
Yet with the moon as friend and the shadow as slave
I must make merry before the Spring is spent.
To the songs I sing the moon flickers her beams;
In the dance I weave my shadow tangles and breaks.
While we were sober, three shared the fun;
Now we are drunk, each goes his way.
May we long share our odd, inanimate feast,
And meet at last on the Cloudy River of the sky.[1]

 II

In the third month the town of Hsien-yang
Is thick-spread with a carpet of fallen flowers.
Who in Spring can bear to grieve alone?
Who, sober, look on sights like these?
Riches and Poverty, long or short life,
By the Maker of Things are portioned and disposed.
But a cup of wine levels life and death
And a thousand things obstinately hard to prove.
When I am drunk, I lose Heaven and Earth.
Motionless -- I cleave to my lonely bed.
At last I forget that I exist at all,
And at that moment my joy is great indeed.

 III

If High Heaven had no love for wine
There would not be a Wine Star in the sky.
If Earth herself had no love for wine,
There would not be a city called Wine Springs.
Since Heaven and Earth both love wine,
I can love wine, without shame before God.
Clear wine was once called a Saint;
Thick wine was once called a "Sage."

Of Saint and Sage I have long quaffed deep,
What need for me to study spirits and hsien?
At the third cup I penetrate the Great Way;
A full gallon -- Nature and I are one . . .
But the things I feel when wine possesses my soul
I will never tell to those who are not drunk.
















Birthday Verses - Thomas Hood

Good morrow to the golden morning,
Good morrow to the world's delight—
I've come to bless thy life's beginning,
Since it makes my own so bright!
I have brought no roses, sweetest,
I could find no flowers, dear,—
It was when all sweets were over
Thou wert born to bless the year.
But I've brought thee jewels, dearest,
In thy bonny locks to shine,—
And if love shows in their glances,
They have learn'd that look of mine!






The Dane-Geld Rudyard Kipling
Dover Beach Matthew Arnold






Barter - Sara Teasdale

Life has loveliness to sell,
     All beautiful and splendid things,
Blue waves whitened on a cliff,
     Soaring fire that sways and sings,
And children's faces looking up
Holding wonder like a cup.

Life has loveliness to sell,
     Music like a curve of gold,
Scent of pine trees in the rain,
     Eyes that love you, arms that hold,
And for your spirit's still delight,
Holy thoughts that star the night.

Spend all you have for loveliness,
     Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
     Count many a year of strife well lost,
And for a breath of ecstasy
Give all you have been, or could be.












Ancient Music - Ezra Pound

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.

Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.

Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.












Short Poetry Collection 032






Conteúdo completo disponível em:






Links:


Unforgettable - French Montana Featuring Swae Lee

DNA. - Kendrick Lamar

I'm The One - DJ Khaled Featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne

Body Like A Back Road - Sam Hunt

Malibu - Miley Cyrus

Prédios mais altos do mundo

Assalto - Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Bacias hidrográficas do estado de São Paulo

Bacias hidrográficas - São Paulo - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

Santa Catarina - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

O espaço geográfico e sua organização

A organização do espaço geográfico brasileiro

Grandes Esperanças - Charles Dickens - PDF

O Alienista PDF

Just Go #JustGo - Viagem Volta ao Mundo

Boa Vista - Roraima RR - Brasil

Aldeia Tuyuka - Manaus - Amazonas AM - Brasil

Planta - Atividades Educativas para crianças

Idade das Religões - Religião História

Mato Grosso do Sul - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

Atividades extrativistas do Mato Grosso do Sul

Quincas Borba

Dom Casmurro

Esaú e Jacó

Salmos

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Lista de BLOGs by Sanderlei Silveira



A Violinist - Francis William Bourdillon

I'm The One - DJ Khaled Featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne

The Cold Heaven - William Butler Yeats

As festas populares em Santa Catarina SC

Áreas de preservação no estado de São Paulo SP

Os símbolos do estado do Rio de Janeiro RJ

A Guerra do Contestado PR

Pantanal – Patrimônio Natural da Humanidade MS

Assalto - Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver - Poesia

O navio negreiro - Poesia

Mitologia Grega

Antífona - Poema, Poesia

OPEP seguiu cumprindo acordo de redução de oferta de petróleo

Ursa Maior - Macunaíma - Mário de Andrade

Salmos - Capítulo 22 - Bíblia Online

Mercado Municipal Adolpho Lisboa - Manaus - Amazonas AM - Brasil

Mein Kampf PDF

Romeo and Juliet - William Shakespeare - AudioBook

Budismo moderno

The Second Coming - William Butler Yeats

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Ozymandias - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Curso de Espanhol Online - Gratis e Completo

Curso de Inglês - Gratis e Completo

Crônica dos burros - Machado de Assis

Religion - Ancient History

Lição de Botânica - Teatro - Machado de Assis

Artur de Azevedo - Contos

Audio Livro - Sanderlei

Contos de Eça de Queirós

Diva - José de Alencar - Audiobook

Educação Infantil - Nível 1 (crianças entre 4 a 6 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 2 (crianças entre 5 a 7 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 3 (crianças entre 6 a 8 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 4 (crianças entre 7 a 9 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 5 (crianças entre 8 a 10 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 6 (crianças entre 9 a 11 anos)

Euclides da Cunha - Os Sertões (Áudio Livro)

Historia en 1 Minuto

Lima Barreto - Contos (Áudio Livro - Audiobook)

Livros em PDF para Download (Domínio Público) - Sanderlei

A Mão e a Luva - Machado de Assis

Crônica - Machado de Assis

Dom Casmurro - Machado de Assis

Esaú e Jacó - Machado de Assis

Helena - Machado de Assis

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas - Machado de Assis

Papéis Avulsos - Machado de Assis

Poesia - Machado de Assis

Quincas Borba - Machado de Assis

O Diário de Anne Frank

SAP - Course Free Online

Totvs - Datasul - Treinamento Online (Gratuito)


Um comentário:

  1. He dwelt among “apartments let,”
    About five stories high;
    A man I thought that none would get,
    And very few would try.

    A boulder, by a larger stone
    Half hidden in the mud,
    Fair as a man when only one
    Is in the neighborhood.

    He lived unknown, and few could tell
    When Jacob was not free;
    But he has got a wife,—and O!
    The difference to me!

    ResponderExcluir