quinta-feira, 25 de maio de 2017

Sing Me A Song of a Lad that is Gone - Robert Louis Stevenson

       






Sing Me A Song of a Lad that is Gone - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sing me a song of a lad that is gone,
Say, could that lad be I?
Merry of soul he sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye.

Mull was astern, Rum on the port,
Eigg on the starboard bow;
Glory of youth glowed in his soul;
Where is that glory now?

Sing me a song of a lad that is gone,
Say, could that lad be I?
Merry of soul he sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye.

Give me again all that was there,
Give me the sun that shone!
Give me the eyes, give me the soul,
Give me the lad that's gone!

Sing me a song of a lad that is gone,
Say, could that lad be I?
Merry of soul he sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye.

Billow and breeze, islands and seas,
Mountains of rain and sun,
All that was good, all that was fair,
All that was me is gone.






Sir Walter Raleigh to His Son Sir Walter Raleigh
Whenas in Silks Robert Herrick






The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Robert Frost - O caminho não percorrido (PT)

Dois caminhos divergiam num bosque amarelo
Triste por não poder seguir os dois
E por ser apenas um viajante, segui
Um deles o mais longe que pude com o olhar,
Até o ponto onde ele se perde no mato

Tomei o outro que me pareceu mais belo,
Oferecendo talvez a vantagem
De uma relva que se podia pisar,
Embora o estado de ambos fosse o mesmo
E naquela manhã eles fossem iguais

Ambos estavam sob relvas que nenhum passo
Enegrecera. Oh deixei
Para outra vez o primeiro!
Mas como sabia que ao caminho se juntam
Os caminhos, duvidei que um dia voltasse.

Hei de contar isto suspirando,
Daqui a muito tempo, nalgum lugar:
Dois caminhos divergiam num bosque, e eu
Segui o menos trilhado,
E foi o que fez toda a diferença.











Rain Music - Joseph S. Cotter, Jr.

ON the dusty earth-drum
  Beats the falling rain;
Now a whispered murmur,
  Now a louder strain.

Slender, silvery drumsticks,        5
  On an ancient drum,
Beat the mellow music
  Bidding life to come.

Chords of earth awakened,
  Notes of greening spring,        10
Rise and fall triumphant
  Over every thing.

Slender, silvery drumsticks
  Beat the long tattoo—
God, the Great Musician,        15
  Calling life anew.















N.Y. - Ezra Pound

My City, my beloved, my white! Ah, slender,
Listen! Listen to me, and I will breathe into thee a soul.
Delicately upon the reed, attend me!

Now do I know that I am mad,
For here are a million people surly with traffic;
This is no maid.
Neither could I play upon any reed if I had one.

My City, my beloved,
Thou art a maid with no breasts,
Thou art slender as a silver reed.
Listen to me, attend me!
And I will breathe into thee a soul,
And thou shalt live for ever.







On the Building of Springfield Vachel Lindsay







If - Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you  
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,  
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;  
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;  
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;  
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;  
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,  
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,  
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,  
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,  
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!






The Lie Sir Walter Raleigh
The Mill Edwin Arlington Robinson







A Hymn to God the Father - John Donne

Wilt thou forgive that sin where I begun,
         Which was my sin, though it were done before?
Wilt thou forgive that sin, through which I run,
         And do run still, though still I do deplore?
                When thou hast done, thou hast not done,
                        For I have more.

Wilt thou forgive that sin which I have won
         Others to sin, and made my sin their door?
Wilt thou forgive that sin which I did shun
         A year or two, but wallow'd in, a score?
                When thou hast done, thou hast not done,
                        For I have more.

I have a sin of fear, that when I have spun
         My last thread, I shall perish on the shore;
But swear by thyself, that at my death thy Son
         Shall shine as he shines now, and heretofore;
                And, having done that, thou hast done;
                        I fear no more.













The Engine - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Into the gloom of the deep, dark night,
With panting breath and a startled scream;
Swift as a bird in sudden flight
Darts this creature of steel and steam.

Awful dangers are lurking nigh,
Rocks and chasms are near the track,
But straight by the light of its great white eye
It speeds through the shadows, dense and black.

Terrible thoughts and fierce desires
Trouble its mad heart many an hour,
Where burn and smoulder the hidden fires,
Coupled ever with might and power.

It hates, as a wild horse hates the rein,
The narrow track by vale and hill;
And shrieks with a cry of startled pain,
And longs to follow its own wild will.





The Female of the Species Rudyard Kipling
Hamatreya Ralph Waldo Emerson











By Night When Others Soundly Slept - Anne Bradstreet

1
By night when others soundly slept
And hath at once both ease and Rest,
My waking eyes were open kept
And so to lie I found it best.

2
I sought him whom my Soul did Love,
With tears I sought him earnestly.
He bow’d his ear down from Above.
In vain I did not seek or cry.

3
My hungry Soul he fill’d with Good;
He in his Bottle put my tears,
My smarting wounds washt in his blood,
And banisht thence my Doubts and fears.

4
What to my Saviour shall I give
Who freely hath done this for me?
I’ll serve him here whilst I shall live
And Loue him to Eternity.









The Bird’s Song, the Sun, and the Wind - Sir Charles G. D. Roberts




A White Rose - John Boyle O'Reilly

The red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O, the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.

But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetest
Has a kiss of desire on the lips.















A Clear Midnight - Walt Whitman

This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,
Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson
done,
Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the
themes thou lovest best,
Night, sleep, death and the stars.








All Religions Are One William Blake




A Bather Amy Lowell





Short Poetry Collection 029




Conteúdo completo disponível em:






Links:


There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back - Shawn Mendes

Unforgettable - French Montana Featuring Swae Lee

DNA. - Kendrick Lamar

I'm The One - DJ Khaled Featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne

Body Like A Back Road - Sam Hunt

Malibu - Miley Cyrus

Prédios mais altos do mundo

Assalto - Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Bacias hidrográficas do estado de São Paulo

Bacias hidrográficas - São Paulo - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

Santa Catarina - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

O espaço geográfico e sua organização

A organização do espaço geográfico brasileiro

Grandes Esperanças - Charles Dickens - PDF

O Alienista PDF

Just Go #JustGo - Viagem Volta ao Mundo

Boa Vista - Roraima RR - Brasil

Aldeia Tuyuka - Manaus - Amazonas AM - Brasil

Planta - Atividades Educativas para crianças

Idade das Religões - Religião História

Mato Grosso do Sul - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

Atividades extrativistas do Mato Grosso do Sul

Quincas Borba

Dom Casmurro

Esaú e Jacó

Salmos

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Lista de BLOGs by Sanderlei Silveira



The Western Wind Came Lumbering in - Henry David Thoreau

There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back - Shawn Mendes - Tradução em Português

The Cold Heaven - William Butler Yeats

As festas populares em Santa Catarina SC

Áreas de preservação no estado de São Paulo SP

Os símbolos do estado do Rio de Janeiro RJ

A Guerra do Contestado PR

Pantanal – Patrimônio Natural da Humanidade MS

Assalto - Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver - Poesia

O navio negreiro - Poesia

Mitologia Grega

Antífona - Poema, Poesia

OPEP seguiu cumprindo acordo de redução de oferta de petróleo

Ursa Maior - Macunaíma - Mário de Andrade

Salmos - Capítulo 22 - Bíblia Online

Mercado Municipal Adolpho Lisboa - Manaus - Amazonas AM - Brasil

Mein Kampf PDF

Romeo and Juliet - William Shakespeare - AudioBook

Budismo moderno

The Second Coming - William Butler Yeats

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Ozymandias - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Curso de Espanhol Online - Gratis e Completo

Curso de Inglês - Gratis e Completo

Crônica dos burros - Machado de Assis

Religion - Ancient History

Lição de Botânica - Teatro - Machado de Assis

A Conselho do Marido - Contos - Artur de Azevedo

A História do Cachorro dos Mortos - Leandro Gomes de Barros

Flor da Mocidade - Poesia - Machado de Assis

Contos de Eça de Queirós

Diva - José de Alencar - Audiobook

Educação Infantil - Nível 1 (crianças entre 4 a 6 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 2 (crianças entre 5 a 7 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 3 (crianças entre 6 a 8 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 4 (crianças entre 7 a 9 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 5 (crianças entre 8 a 10 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 6 (crianças entre 9 a 11 anos)

Euclides da Cunha - Os Sertões (Áudio Livro)

Historia en 1 Minuto

Lima Barreto - Contos (Áudio Livro - Audiobook)

Livros em PDF para Download (Domínio Público) - Sanderlei

A Mão e a Luva - Machado de Assis

Crônica - Machado de Assis

Dom Casmurro - Machado de Assis

Esaú e Jacó - Machado de Assis

Helena - Machado de Assis

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas - Machado de Assis

Papéis Avulsos - Machado de Assis

Quincas Borba - Machado de Assis

O Diário de Anne Frank


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário