sexta-feira, 12 de maio de 2017

We Wear the Mast - Paul Laurence Dunbar

       








We Wear the Mast - Paul Laurence Dunbar

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us, while
       We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
To thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
But let the world dream otherwise,
       We wear the mask!





Winter Nights Thomas Campion
The World is Too Much With Us William Wordsworth




Transformation - J. Corson Miller








Song - John Gay

O RUDDIER than the cherry!
O sweeter than the berry!
    O nymph more bright
    Than moonshine night,
Like kidlings blithe and merry!         5
Ripe as the melting cluster!
No lily has such lustre;
    Yet hard to tame
    As raging flame,
And fierce as storms that bluster!











Sea-Shell Murmurs - Eugene Lee-Hamilton

THE HOLLOW sea-shell, which for years hath stood
On dusty shelves, when held against the ear
Proclaims its stormy parents; and we hear
The faint far murmur of the breaking flood.
We hear the sea. The sea? It is the blood        5
In our own veins, impetuous and near,
And pulses keeping pace with hope and fear
And with our feeling’s every shifting mood.
Lo, in my heart I hear, as in a shell,
The murmur of a world beyond the grave,        10
Distinct, distinct, though faint and far it be.
Thou fool; this echo is a cheat as well,—
The hum of earthly instincts; and we crave
A world unreal as the shell-heard sea.



The Second Coming William Butler Yeats





Romance - Robert Louis Stevenson

I will make you brooches and toys for your delight
Of bird-song at morning and star-shine at night.
I will make a palace fit for you and me
Of green days in forests and blue days at sea.

I will make my kitchen, and you shall keep your room,
Where white flows the river and bright blows the broom,
And you shall wash your linen and keep your body white
In rainfall at morning and dewfall at night.

And this shall be for music when no one else is near,
The fine song for singing, the rare song to hear!
That only I remember, that only you admire,
Of the broad road that stretches and the roadside fire.














The Purple Cow - Frank Gelett Burgess









The Night-piece: To Julia - Robert Herrick

Her eyes the glow-worm lend thee,
The shooting stars attend thee;
And the elves also,
Whose little eyes glow
Like the sparks of fire, befriend thee.

No Will-o'-th'-Wisp mis-light thee,
Nor snake or slow-worm bite thee;
But on, on thy way,
Not making a stay,
Since ghost there's none to affright thee.

Let not the dark thee cumber;
What though the moon does slumber?
The stars of the night
Will lend thee their light,
Like tapers clear without number.

Then Julia let me woo thee,
Thus, thus to come unto me;
And when I shall meet
Thy silv'ry feet,
My soul I'll pour into thee.












The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - Francis William Bourdillon

THE NIGHT has a thousand eyes,
  And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
  With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,        5
  And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies
  When love is done.









The Lost Doll - Charles Kingsley

I once had a sweet little doll, dears,
The prettiest doll in the world;
Her cheeks were so red and so white, dears,
And her hair was so charmingly curled.
But I lost my poor little doll, dears,
As I played in the heath one day;
And I cried for more than a week, dears,
But I never could find where she lay.

I found my poor little doll, dears,
As I played in the heath one day:
Folks say she is terribly changed, dears,
For her paint is all washed away,
And her arms trodden off by the cows, dears
And her hair not the least bit curled:
Yet for old sakes' sake she is still, dears,
The prettiest doll in the world.










I Never Hear the Word Escape - Emily Dickinson

I never hear the word “Escape”
Without a quicker blood,
A sudden expectation –
A flying attitude!

I never hear of prisons broad
By soldiers battered down,
But I tug childish at my bars
Only to fail again!









Hope is the thing with feathers - Emily Dickinson

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.











Fire and Ice - Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.





Footsteps of Angels Henry Wadsworth Longfellow






Fair Iris I Love and Hourly I Die - John Dryden

from Amphitryon
Fair Iris I love and hourly I die,
But not for a lip nor a languishing eye:
She's fickle and false, and there I agree;
For I am as false and as fickle as she:
We neither believe what either can say;
And, neither believing, we neither betray.

'Tis civil to swear and say things, of course;
We mean not the taking for better or worse.
When present we love, when absent agree;
I think not of Iris, nor Iris of me:
The legend of love no couple can find
So easy to part, or so equally join'd.










Disenchantment - Emily Dickinson

IT dropped so low in my regard
        I heard it hit the ground,
And go to pieces on the stones
        At bottom of my mind;

Yet blamed the fate that fractured, less
        Than I reviled myself
For entertaining plated wares
        Upon my silver shelf.












Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind - William Shakespeare

Blow, blow, thou winter wind,
   Thou art not so unkind
      As man’s ingratitude;
   Thy tooth is not so keen,
Because thou art not seen,
      Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
   Then, heigh-ho, the holly!
      This life is most jolly.

   Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
   That dost not bite so nigh
      As benefits forgot:
   Though thou the waters warp,
      Thy sting is not so sharp
      As friend remembered not.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly...









Batter My Heart, Three-Personed God - John Donne

Batter my heart, three-person'd God, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new.
I, like an usurp'd town to another due,
Labor to admit you, but oh, to no end;
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captiv'd, and proves weak or untrue.
Yet dearly I love you, and would be lov'd fain,
But am betroth'd unto your enemy;
Divorce me, untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprison me, for I,
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.











Short Poetry Collection 060



Conteúdo completo disponível em:






Links:


Quincas Borba

Dom Casmurro

Esaú e Jacó

Salmos

Os Sertões

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas

Atividades Educativas para crianças N1

Atividades Educativas para crianças N2

Atividades Educativas para crianças N3

Atividades Educativas para crianças N4

Atividades Educativas para crianças N5

Atividades Educativas para crianças N6

Versos íntimos

Busque Amor Novas Artes, Novo Engenho

Siderações

A canção do africano

Agonia de um filósofo

Languidez

Velhas Árvores - Olavo Bilac

Marabá - Gonçalves Dias

Fim - Mário de Sá-Carneiro

Sonnet 18 - William Shakespeare

Vos Que, Dolhos Suaves e Serenos

Bandido negro - Os Escravos - Castro Alves

As cismas do destino - Augusto dos Anjos - Eu e Outras Poesia



Livros em PDF para Download

Anne Frank PDF

anne frank pdf

biblia pdf

Bíblia Sagrada - João Ferreira de Almeida - Bíblia

Bíblia Sagrada - Católica

Just Go #JustGo - Viagem Volta ao Mundo - Sanderlei Silveira

Atividades Educativas Ensino Fundamental - Aprendendo sobre o Dinheiro

PDF

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei

PDF

Biblia Online

Bíblia Online

Lista de BLOGs by Sanderlei Silveira



As festas populares em Santa Catarina SC

Áreas de preservação no estado de São Paulo SP

Os símbolos do estado do Rio de Janeiro RJ

A Guerra do Contestado PR

Pantanal – Patrimônio Natural da Humanidade MS

Assalto - Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver - Poesia

O navio negreiro - Poesia

Mitologia Grega

Antífona - Poema, Poesia

Artur de Azevedo - Contos

Audio Livro - Sanderlei

AudioBook - Sanderlei

Augusto dos Anjos - Eu e Outras Poesias

Billboard Hot 100 - Letras de Músicas - Sanderlei

Contos de Eça de Queirós

Curso de Espanhol Online - Gratis e Completo

Curso de Inglês Online - Gratis e Completo

Diva - José de Alencar - Audiobook

Economia em 1 Minuto - Sanderlei

Educação Infantil - Nível 1 (crianças entre 4 a 6 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 2 (crianças entre 5 a 7 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 3 (crianças entre 6 a 8 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 4 (crianças entre 7 a 9 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 5 (crianças entre 8 a 10 anos)

Educação Infantil - Nível 6 (crianças entre 9 a 11 anos)

Euclides da Cunha - Os Sertões (Áudio Livro)

Historia en 1 Minuto

History in 1 Minute

Lima Barreto - Contos (Áudio Livro - Audiobook)

Livros em PDF para Download (Domínio Público) - Sanderlei

Machado de Assis

A Mão e a Luva - Machado de Assis

Crônica - Machado de Assis

Dom Casmurro - Machado de Assis

Esaú e Jacó - Machado de Assis

Helena - Machado de Assis

Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas - Machado de Assis

Papéis Avulsos - Machado de Assis

Poesia - Machado de Assis

Quincas Borba - Machado de Assis

Teatro - Machado de Assis

Macunaíma - Mário de Andrade

Mein Kampf (Minha luta) - Adolf Hitler

O Diário de Anne Frank

Poesia - Sanderlei Silveira

Poesía (ES) - Poetry (EN) - Poesia (PT) - Poésie (FR)

Poetry (EN) - Poesia (PT) - Poesía (ES) - Poésie (FR)

Poetry in English - Sanderlei Silveira

Salmos - Bíblia Online

SAP - Course Free Online

Totvs - Datasul - Treinamento Online (Gratuito)

Just Go #JustGo - Viagem Volta ao Mundo - Sanderlei Silveira


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário